Last updated: 01.07.2020
- Your Data Controller
- Personal Data We Collect
- Why Personal Data Is Collected?
- Where Do We Store Your Personal Data
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data to a Third Party
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection
- How Long Do We Store Data?
- Data Security and Retention
- Your Rights with Respect to Personal Data
1. Your Data Controller
The Data Controller
Data Controller is Melbikomas, JSC, company’s code: 304130898, registered address: Svitrigailos str. 11B, LT 03228 Vilnius, Republic of Lithuania (hereinafter – the Company).
2. Personal Data We Collect
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal data in order to use the Website. This Website only collects personal data that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors when establishing an account (hereinafter – Melbicom Account). Such information may consist of your full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, IP address.
The server that hosts the Website may also record requests you make to a server such as web addresses you open, a device and browser you use, your IP address, date and time of the Website access, etc.
3. Why Personal Data Is Collected?
We use the information that we collect via our Website to:
- provide, deliver and assist us in providing, managing and delivering any products and services to you (including, but not limited to a services available via a Melbicom Account),
- send you and keep you informed about commercial proposals and possibilities subject to choices you have made during the use of the Website,
- operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our Website,
- provide services and information that you request,
- respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to customers,
- understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our customers, improve our Website and develop new products, services, features and functionality,
- ensure proper functioning and security of the Website and investigate possible security incidents,
- contact you for administrative purposes or to send information messages, including updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
The Legal Basis
The Company uses personal data based on our legitimate interest in improving our understanding of customers’ needs and preferences in order to constantly enhance our services and improve customers’ experience and access to an information that the Company publishes. Additionally, the basis for collecting and using such data is Company’s legitimate interest in ensuring Website’s technical functionality and security.
4. Where Do We Store Your Personal Data
5. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data to a Third Party
We may disclose your personal data to third parties should we have a reasonable basis to believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with laws, regulations or compulsory legal orders or/and to protect the Company’s intellectual property rights.
6. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide statistical or any other technical information.
Who Serves the Cookies
Certain information about users can be gathered automatically and stored inside log files. This information might include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service providers (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/timestamps and clickstream data, etc. However, this information does not explicitly identify individual users and we use it exclusively to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user traffic to improve the services provided, etc. We do not link this automatically collected data to any information that may identify an individual, however, we still process it as required by law.
How to Control Cookies?
7. Children’s Online Privacy protection
Our Company does not offer services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
8. How Long Do We Store Data?
We retain personal data that we collect about you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide services to our users via Website, comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements imposed on the Company by EU and other applicable laws, etc.). It means that we store your personal data during the whole time you have an active Melbicom Account.
Where we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will do it within reasonable period of time but not later that within 3 months.
Regardless a request from the user to delete information, the Company has the right to store information if it is required to protect its legitimate business interest as described above. The personal data of a non-active user shall be deleted automatically within reasonable period of time but not later that within 3 months.
Cookies are usually valid for a short term (a day, a week or a month), though in some cases they may remain valid for up to a year.
9. Data Security and Retention
To protect your personal data, we use appropriate technical measures corresponding to the type of personal data and risks associated with processing of such personal data that comply with EU laws. In the event of a data breach, we will contact those affected and take all necessary actions to remedy the situation in accordance with applicable law.
10. Your Rights with Respect to Personal Data
You have the rights to:
- Require access to your personal data.
- Require rectification of your personal data.
- Require erasure of your personal data (‘the right to be forgotten’). If personal data is erased at your request, the Company will only retain such copies of the information which are necessary to protect our or third party’s legitimate interests, comply with governmental orders, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or enforce any agreement you have entered into with the Company.
- Receive the personal data concerning you, which you has provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format ready for transmitting it to other parties (where technically possible).
- Withdraw a consent for processing of your personal data, where applicable. You may file a request at any time whatsoever to review any of your personal data that we have received from you and also update, correct or request to delete this information and/or instruct us not to use this information in the future.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in any Member State and have the right to a judicial remedy if you consider that your rights have been breached. Contact information for these authorities can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.